CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

April 06, 2008

ODE TO TAMI......from her loving family!

I remember.....that little black haired doll all dressed in white with great big eyes taking in all sights. She was so familiar and dainty as can be. She loved to read books and playtime with me. Creativity was her middle name, and once on a Wednesday, (Relief Society Presidency Meeting) she made it rain,
With wheat from the buckets, little handfuls she took and threw them in the air ......a wheat storm she cooked.
She was not alone, but with little friends in hand - they brewed up a storm - it sure was grand!
Food storage in the basement was never the same, probably some kernels on the floor still remain.
Also, little writings on the wall she just couldn't restrain,
With crayon, or markers they all left their stain.
She was proud of her work, a great artist she thought:
I'm just practicing now with the talent I've got.
No matter what scribbling she left on the walls,
Its the mark on our souls, we remember most-of-all.
She never grew tall, but a giant she became -
By leaving her mark on our hearts - we'll never be the same. (sane?)
So on this day of birth (April 8, 1971) we all join in -
And express our gratitude for you being our kin!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday dear Tamara Lee Tolman Tran!!!!! You are loved.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh Mom & Dad, that poem is adorable. Thank you Thank you Thank you! And thank you again for the gifts. You are always so sweet, thoughtful, kind and as always, wonderful!

I love you both so much and am so grateful everyday you've taught us to try and live a good life. You've taught not only with words, but by the way you've chosen to live your lives...The most powerful example of all.

Now that I have children, I'm amazed at the things they do "just like me" not the things I "say to do" (yes this at times is unfortunate --- esp when I hear my daughter echo tacky little remarks that on occasion slip my lips- boo hoo).

I miss you both so much. We hope to see you in July...