CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

May 11, 2008

Mother's Day remembered:

We were living in Provo and I gave a family home evening lesson on responsibility. The girls all took these lessons so serious. Guess that is why I loved Family Home Evening.
My lesson was on teaching the children responsibility. I memorized one part and it went like this:
A mother is not a Maid, that is not her calling. She is a counselor, a friend, a listening ear. When you spend the time picking up your toys, doing your own homework, making your bed, this frees your Mother up to do her calling. You can spend time with her, talk to her and share your problems. She will be able to fulfill the calling she was sent down to earth to do. Remember.....A mother is not a maid!
I had to fly to Florida to see Nana who was very sick. The first letter I received after I arrived was a letter from Tori.
It went like this:
“Wow, a Mother is not a MAID. That is not what she is suppose to do. Wow, I did not know that!”
It was so darling, I kept that letter and have it somewhere. I loved it when "the light bulb" turned on and Tori grew up line upon line.

0 comments: